There is no end to the injuries you can cause to your elbows, but the result is always the same: excruciating pain that may last for days or much longer. This is why prevention is your safest bet. One way to ensure less damage to your elbow is by supporting them with compression elbow sleeves. If made from copper, they can extend the medicinal benefits of this mineral, including reduced inflammation and stronger immunity. Another way is to strengthen your elbows through exercise. There are numerous routines, which you can carry out daily to prevent wear and tear due to repetitive use.
#1) The Static Routine
This basic routine will provide the results you want if you perform 10 repetitions, three times daily. You can increase the number of repetitions and strength of contraction as long as you don’t experience any pain.
- Start with your biceps. Position your elbow at a 90 degree angle at your side while keeping your palm up. Push up against your other palm for five seconds to tighten your biceps. Repeat up to 10 times as long as you don’t feel any pain.
- For your triceps, keep your elbow by your side and at a 90 degree angle. While your palm faces inwards, make a fist with your other hand and push down against your open palm. Hold for five seconds and repeat 10 times.
#2) Standing Dumbbell Flexion
This is a two-part exercise will focus on your elbows, adding to their flexibility and strength. Just remember to repeat up to 10 times as long as you don’t experience any pain.
- With your palms upwards, grip a dumbbell in each hand. Flex your elbows and slowly lift the dumbbells to the front of your shoulders. Extend your elbows until you’re back to the beginning position.
- For your next set of 10, hold your dumbbells with your palms facing downwards. Next, flex your elbows and lift the dumbbells before extending them back to your initial position.
#3) Resistance Band Exercises
This exercise should be performed 1-3 times every weak because it’s relatively more strenuous than the others on the list. This is why you need to skip at least a day to allow muscle recovery. However, once your elbows grow stronger and you can easily carry out these exercises, increase the number of repetitions.
- Wrap the resistance band around your hands and prepare for your exercises by securing your elbow by your side and bending to 90 degrees.
- Rotate your forearm slowly against the band until your palms face upwards. Perform three sets of 10 reps as far as possible.
- Next, wrap the band with your palm facing upwards. Make a fist while ensuring that your elbows are bent to 90 degrees.
- Rotate your forearm until your palms face down. Again, perform three sets of 10 reps as far as possible and without pain.
Just remember to give your elbows the chance to heal after these exercises. You can boost the healing speed by using our copper compression elbow sleeves. Their antimicrobial fabric prevents inflammation while allowing oxygen to your muscles. Finally, talk to your doctor about other exercises that you can opt for.